Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Homework Station

OK I'm back after a mini break, was feeling a little burnt out after the party last weekend. But I'm back and I have a cute, simple back to school project for you ladies to take a look at. . And yes we're back to school already, My little man went back to school Monday and so far is enjoying every minute of 1st Grade.

Here's what I whipped up today a Homework Station !!!
If your anything like me you can find a pencil anytime except when its time for your little one to sit down and do homework .

So enter a piece of wood, I cut down to size, sprayed painted a light brown. Once again used my handy dandy Cricut to cut out the letters "For homework only", modge podge those on and let dry outside, which in the Tucson heat today. . didn't take long at all. I placed this cute little cans I got in the cans at Target on clearance for only .25 cents in May. After moving them around and making sure there was equal space on each side. And than re checking . .
I used the hubbys drill to secure the cans to the wood.
Added a few go-to homework supplies and
its already to go for homework time.
When I told Taelor when can only use these supplies he said "Thats a really good idea Mom!" - Love that kid ! One good thing about going back to school early: You get a head start on all the fun school and teacher projects !
Hope you'll are enjoying the rest of your summer vacations !

9 comments:

Marana Gray said...

I love this! My kids all need one. :-)

Unknown said...

As a mom of five I can say this is so awesome on so many levels!

What an excellent mommy solution. I would love for you to link up and share this with my readers on my mommy resource/solution meme!

http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/07/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions/

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity here and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Great idea! I would be thrilled if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional linky party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-party.html
See you soon!
~Macy

BeingBrook said...

Love!! My kids don't go back to school until September but I did buy a bunch of school supplies today hoping that maybe it would make the date sooner!

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

Aww! CUTE! And great idea too! Check out my blog August 7th-13th when it will all be about Creating Smiles Week! There will be guest posting and giveaways to charities! I would love to see your face there! www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com

Angie said...

My kids started back on Tuesday and I am already wishing I had something like this. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

I'm so happy I found your blog through Kara's linky party today. :) I love it!
I'd like to invite you to share your creations sometime at my weekly linking party as well. I am really trying to grow my party to include lots of creative projects just like this one. Thanks for the consideration and here is the direct link if you'd like to check it out :). ~ Tracy
T.G.I.F. Linky Party

Katie said...

Wow--early is right! Love your homework station!

Thank you for linking up at Sew Woodsy last week. Hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...