Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cars Party

Happy Birthday to Kasen ! ! I have to admit a few things about this party: #1 this party was actually a lot of fun to create vs. buy for, (although I did buy a few things,tho not much as previous years) . . #2. I'm TERRIBLE about taking pictures day of and #3 it was all worth it to see the smile on my little man's face.

Here's where I started my tissue box converted into Mater . Which I ended up using to hold the forks :) I also found a cute picture of the whole Cars cast online ( I couldn't for the life of me find a picture of the whole cast of Cars 2) . . after saving the picture to my computer I went over to my handy dandy photo editor and added 'Kasen's 4th Birthday Party" under the Welcome to Radiator Springs . . I put it in a pretty frame I got from Wal-Mart for $1.00 and set it on the counter.
I wanted a banner but I didn't want to pay the $5+ for one from the party store so again I took a look online and found cute character snap shots, after printing them on card stock and cutting them out, I used the cricut to cut out the letters and simple tags and ta-da. . . A personalized Banner.
For the table I picked up a black table cloth from the .99 cent store and cut some strips of white duct tape and there you have it. . . although because of something I'll mention a little later in the post I opted to buy the Cars 2 table cloth for the food table and instead used this road tablecloth for the presents.
After a few balloons and streamers, it was onto the food . .
Here are signs I made for the food
The food table all set up
A .99 cent condiment set plus a little photo shop picture = Mater's Mustard and Ka Chow Ketchup !
Tubs from Wally World = fun drink containers . . They were easy peasy, all I did was used the cricut to cut out my letters and used packaging tape to tape them on (I used tape because it was easier to take off when we were done)
I saw this awesome idea on Pinterest about scoop and freezing the ice cream into cupcake liners before the party and it worked like a charm and saved tons of time and a mess !! This is now a must for all future parties . . plus on top of the ice cream I put Cars 2 marshmallows that I found down the baking aisle at Target.
The super yummy cake !!
Goodie Bags :The week before the party I SCORED at the party store, I went in looking for the table cloth and while walking by the clearance table I saw tons of Cars stuff all for .50 cents - stickers, pop up suckers, flying disc, whistles and the biggest deal a pack of 10 playing cards .50 cents for all, I love unexpected deals !!
I love personalized goodie bags so I whipped up these cute little pit passes to put in the goodie bags, I ended up using light blue bags so you could see these through the plastic perfectly !
After putting the Pit Passes in the front, I tucked these into the back.
Kasen opening a few presents.
Thank You to everyone who helped in celebrating my little man's birthday !! We love you all


15 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, you did an amazing job!!

OurForeverHouse said...

Looks like it turned out great! Love your banner! Great idea! Oh, and I love the road table cloth too!

lauren@warmandfuzzy said...

WOw the party looks AWESOME! Kasen looks like he had a great time. I love the way you made the food themed as well. Great ideas. Be sure to stop by my blog this weekend to check out my cars party

Jenn Erickson said...

What a fabulous party! Every detail is fantastic and so lovingly done! I especially love your tissue-box Mater!

New follower by way of the party at Yesterday on Tuesday...

Jenn/Rook No. 17

AmyH said...

Fun party! You were the most viewed link last week:) Come stop by Friday Favs tomorrow to see your feature!
naptimecrafters.blogspot.com

Emilee said...

What an amazing job! I sat her in awe as I scrolled down! Way to Go Momma! you did a great job and I bet your little guy loved his cars party!

Rachel said...

I love your Kleenex box Tow Matar. I think I'm going to find some bigger boxes and make a version.

N said...

Very cute!!

Jeni_Ream said...

That is so cute!!! Great party ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! Stopping in from Tip Junkie! I absolutely love your party! My 4 year old son would love your ideas!

Unknown said...

Cute party! My daughter loves Cars and would love to have a party like this :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute party! You were so creative with all of the names of food and I love the ketchup and mustard! Wow! Great ideas!

Janie said...

That is so cute! My 4 yr old Matthew is obsessed with Cars. Last birthday I made him a cake with a Mater the Greater jumping some lemons and boy was he mad at me for putting actual cars on a cake! LOL. He's a clean freak! :P

Katie said...

LOVE the CARS theme party! Great job!

Thank you for linking up at Sew Woodsy last week. Hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

Amy said...

I love your Cars birthday party!!! We borrowed a couple of ideas for our son's 4th birthday and I just blogged about them with links back to your post! If you want to check it out it's here:
http://sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com/2011/11/cars-birthday-party.html

Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...