Monday, February 7, 2011

Clothes Pin Heart

While out blog hopping :) I saw this adorable clothes pin heart
(BUT I can't remember the blog I saw it on to link back,
so if any of you Awesome followers know please,
please send me the link so I can link back to her.)
Thanks

EDIT : I'm so excited , guess who found me :) Jenn from Clean and Scentsible, the original creator of the Clothes Pin Wreath. YEA ! ! !

Now onto the Craft

I started out by spacing out and clipping clothes
pins to a firm piece of paper.

Next I cut out different strips of scrapbook paper,
I made each strip a little longer than the clothes pin so I had
something to hold onto while I mod podge the paper to the pin
Isn't Modge Podge the best ? ?
The white paper on left looks a little bumpy because
I hadn't scraped the extra modge pod off yet :)

All my pins drying . . .
Notice the extra paper hanging off the pins . . .

When they were done drying I flipped them over and

used a razor blade to cut them off.

Next, I had the Man of the House bend my hanger into a heart . . .

my attempts kept coming out looking like a kidney :)

My heart and pins ready to go . . .

After a while clipping on and moving around until the pattern
looked
perfect, I put just a little dab of hot glue to secure them to the hanger.
My wreath was featured over at My Backyard Eden !
Click here

Another feature over at The Wicker House Click Here

One more feature over at Somday Crafts Click here

Happy Crafting ! !

28 comments:

Cathy said...

That is SO stinkin cute Kristie!
You should glue shades of green paper on the other side of the clothes pins and you'll be all set for St. Paddy's day. I love it!!

Unknown said...

I love this! What a cute idea!!!!! It makes me laugh! :):) Sandy

Kelli W said...

SUPER cute! I saw that somewhere else too but I have no idea where:)

Sarah Marie Kathleen said...

What a great idea. And so inexpensive. I'm excited to try it for all kinds of holidays. Thanks for the idea :)

Charlene Juliani said...

LOVE this...so cute and easy. At first, I thought the pins were painted, until you said you used scrap paper (even better). I'm bookmarking this so I can copy you later LOL!

Charlene Juliani said...

Oh, and I totally followed your blog and liked you on facebook too :-)

Jenn said...

Looks awesome! Maybe it was mine that you saw?

http://cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com/2011/01/clothes-peg-valentine-wreath.html

Leasa said...

cute

nest full of eggs said...

so clever !

Anonymous said...

This is super cute and something my children would love to make :)

Leslie said...

So cute! And I'm pretty sure I have a bag of clothespins lying around somewhere......

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Well done - love it!

. said...

Your wreath is absolutely adorable!! :)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

That's adorable! Perfect v-day wreath! Thanks for linking up!

Brandy said...

This is just darling!!

Brandy
Gluesticks
www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

This is SO cute! Thanks for sharing at My Backyard Eden! I'll be featuring your project on Saturday!

The Little Red Shop said...

I love it!! What a fun idea, and useful too!

: )

Julie M.

WobiSobi said...

Such a great Idea, looks awesome,
Anne

WobiSobi said...

newest follower:)

Alison Agnew said...

So adorable! I would love for you to post this on my Friday linky http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-5.html

Blessings,

Alison
Stuff and Nonsense

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Very cute! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

And I'm a new follower :)

www.youngnester.blogspot.com

Amy said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I've seen this before but I can't remember where either! Yours turned out really cute!

Thanks for sharing in FFA!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

so very cute!

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

I'm going to totally make me one of these....Next Year. It looks really cute and easy. I hope it's ok that I shared this link on my blog.

Unknown said...

darling! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspt.com. tonight. Grab my "featured" button.

Cindy said...

waaay cute and cool!

Unknown said...

I just do not understand what the purpose of the scrap paper is if your just hot gluing the pins to the hanger. I am trying so hard to figure it out, so I can do this project with my daughter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...