Monday, April 4, 2011

Stained Glass Butterflies

I'm back sorry for the absence, its been a very LONG few days. . one of the little men was sick and finally diagnosed with strep throat, than my mom was in a car accident,

So needless to say its been hectic around her lately.

Things are finally settling down so back to Blogland I come !

Spring has finally hit, so bring on the butterfly crafts !This adorable craft is super easy for the kiddos, minimal work for the mamas and requires very little supplies. . . black construction paper, different colored tissue paper and a glue sticks. Simple enough right ? ?

I found a butterfly template online, printed it out and traced that onto four pieces of paper, than I shrunk it and traced the smaller one onto another four pieces of paper.

Last night while the little ones were sleeping I cut out the butterflies and 16 pieces of tissue paper. First off have your little one put glue all along the butterfly outline. and proceed to put four pieces of tissue paper on. . at this point don't worry about the tissue paper hanging off the edges,

just make sure its stuck on there good. After they were done putting their tissue paper on, I cut off all the excess paper hanging off the edge. Don't worry about it not looking pretty.Next take the other butterfly you cut out and lay that over the side of the butterfly you just trimmed the tissue paper off of. If you need to trim off an other little pieces. Finally, display proudly and beautifully in your window. Love it ! ! Happy Crafting !

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love these!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Super cute! I think we'll make some to decorate our windows. Hope everyone is feeling better in your house :)

Jenny said...

Those look so cheerful in the window! I am getting in the mood to do some butterfly crafts.

Unknown said...

So cute! I am always looking for new crafts to do with my little ones. I am a new follower! :)
Nicole
iheartdecorating.blogspot.com

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

What a fun idea! Great way to add a touch of spring to the house. Visiting from Show and Tell at Blue Cricket.
~Kimberlee
{$15 Amazon GC Giveaway} 

Erin said...

This is really cute! And so darn simple! I love it!

martilindsey said...

These are so cute and look super easy. I might try and mount on some clear contact paper...

http://martisadventuresinsandiego.blogspot.com/

Melissa N. said...

Love these! We are studying butterflies right now..might have to make these beauties!

Melissa
http://just-starting-out.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-plans-and-giveaways-end-today.html

Little Sprinkles Of Fun said...

Thanks for reminding me about these! I am a Kindergarten teacher and we are also learning about Insects and Butterflies right now! This would be a fun little art project to do! :)

chris said...

These would be great fun for our preschool. Thank you for sharing!

Stephani said...

Those are simple but super cute! I love brightening the decor with things like that :)

gginflag said...

Simply "springy" love them!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Cute! I would love if you would link this up to my Made by Little Hands linky party on Monday!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your butterflies look beautiful in the window! My daughter and I made a similar one at the beginning of the schoolyear, when she was placed in the 'butterfly' class at preschool. It sits proudly on her bedroom window.

Unknown said...

So simple, but those look so pretty in the window! What a fun project for the kids!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday Link Party! I will be posting the next party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and join us for another week sharing great ideas for our kids!!

Thanks for stopping by!
:)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I did this with my 4th grade art class...awww...makes me sad.

Such a classic project...

I'd be oh so happy if you could share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday. Get your crafting shoes on... Hope to see you there...

Susie Chadwick said...

We "borrowed" your idea. My daughter loved making this!

http://swishina.blogspot.com/2011/04/stained-glass-butterfly.html

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice! Hope to see you again this Thursday!

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea!
I would love for you to share this at our Monday Playdate link up: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html

Cheers,
Lori
http://beneaththerowantree.com
COme & Play :: Playdate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...