Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Grandmas Butter Onion Potatoes

Do you have a recipe (or a few) that reminds you of someone or something ? ?

Well these potatoes remind me of yummy dinners at my Grandma and Grandpas after church on Sundays growing up.

I remember standing in the kitchen surrounded by the cabinets and furniture my grandpa made and the beautiful Mexican tile, helping my Grandma make these easy peasy potatoes.

Start off by rinsing all the crud off your taters. Next, cut slits into your potatoes, be careful not to cut all the way through.
Grab your aluminum foil and make a little bowl around your cut potatoes.
Slice an onion into small pieces. . .
take the onion pieces and put in between the potato slits.
Melt some butter . .
and drizzle over each potato.
Wrap up your potatoes . .
and put onto your grill .. I'm sure this can be done in the oven but we always just used the grill as my Grandpa was a big BBQ'er.
After about twenty'ish minutes . .unwrap and . .
Enjoy your super moist, flavorful, yummy Potato.

Super yummy with BBQ Chicken and a side salad !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...